- Why this website exists
- Is your dog - dog friendly?
- Site Map
- Go shopping wdog ith your dog!
- Tons of links to local rescue groups
- Local Parks - off leash and on!
- Tips for owners of dog friendly businesses
- Tips for a benevolent alpha
- Local fun things to do with your dog!
- What to do when your dog isn't dog friendly
- Local Resources for Dog Owners in the HRM
Mainland Commons Off Leash Dog Park
There are 2 facebook pages related to this park - the Mainland Commons Dog Park page - which is dedicated to the big side and park issues in general - and then the Mainlands Offleash Commons Small Dog Park which is related to all things going on in the small dogs park - if you plan on going to the park you should go join the groups, they are very active and people will post that they are going so they won't be the only ones at the park - and also post whats going on re upgrades and people who have emailed the city about ongoing conerns with the park - they are very interesting groups.
The park is broken up into 2 sections - a small dog section and a large dog section - there is a 3rd section that has a very small wooded section that you can walk some trails that are available to both the small dogs and the large dogs.
One good thing about the Park is that it is very close to the Mainland North Linear Walkway - so either before or after your walk you can go for a nice long on-leash walk with your canine life companion - it can be accessed through t he parking lot.