- Why this website exists
- Is your dog - dog friendly?
- Site Map
- Go shopping wdog ith your dog!
- Tons of links to local rescue groups
- Local Parks - off leash and on!
- Tips for owners of dog friendly businesses
- Tips for a benevolent alpha
- Local fun things to do with your dog!
- What to do when your dog isn't dog friendly
- Local Resources for Dog Owners in the HRM
Fort Needham is pretty good!
I was surprised #1 how big the park is, and #2 how small the dedicated off leash area is - it seemed really unnecessary how small they made the dog area. I liked how there's about 3 or 4 entrances to the park though - there wouldn't be any congestion areas for people coming into the park like there is at some of the other parks in the city - so nobody should get mobbed if they arrive at Fort Needham which is a good thing - and I was completely surprised that there actually poop bags in the poop bag dispenser! Yea!
As a note to this ceremony - I had an email from John Charles, the fellow who's in charge of the off leash implmentation pilot project - and during the day of the Halifax Explosion Memorial Ceremony - December 6th - Fort Needham will revert back to an on Leash Park from 5am to 12 noon in respect for the families and victims of the explosion - so please take this into consideration for this one day of the year This picture and the next few show the dog area of the park.