- Why this website exists
- Is your dog - dog friendly?
- Site Map
- Go shopping wdog ith your dog!
- Tons of links to local rescue groups
- Local Parks - off leash and on!
- Tips for owners of dog friendly businesses
- Tips for a benevolent alpha
- Local fun things to do with your dog!
- What to do when your dog isn't dog friendly
- Local Resources for Dog Owners in the HRM
Hemlock Ravine in Bedford
There is a page dedicated to it on the HRM's website at http://www.halifax.ca/RealPropertyPlanning/OLPS/olps_HemlockRavine.html
It's one of the 5 pilot off-leash parks designated by the city. It's a great place for walking the dogs as a sniff and pass walk with lots of nature and trees and things to pee on.
The trails can be confusing though. I got totally lost when I was there, but I met a very nice lady named Amy who helped me and I have actually stayed in contact with her since so it turned out to be a very nice trip. It is a bit more hilly than my middle-aged body could take, especially when I got lost. There is houses all around the park so you have to keep your eyes open and on the dogs so that they don't end up on a side street or someone's back yard!
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment