- Why this website exists
- Is your dog - dog friendly?
- Site Map
- Go shopping wdog ith your dog!
- Tons of links to local rescue groups
- Local Parks - off leash and on!
- Tips for owners of dog friendly businesses
- Tips for a benevolent alpha
- Local fun things to do with your dog!
- What to do when your dog isn't dog friendly
- Local Resources for Dog Owners in the HRM
You turn left onto Ferguson's Cove Road (there is a sign with an arrow saying "York Redoubt" so it's impossible to miss. It is a beautiful spot.
I was there on a sunny Saturday in June and it was lovely. All the yachts were out on the water and you get a fabulous view from inside the fort. There is a huge parking lot and lots of picnic spots. The only drawback is that there isn't any beach for you types who like to throw sticks in the water for the dog to retrieve.
The terrain for walking is almost exactly like at Point Pleasant Park except for the fact that there aren't near as many trees that fallen down/been cut. There are a lot more explanations and empty war type stuff and guns though which is interesting. While we were there there were several other dog families there and all were off-leash - although it is a federal park and dogs are supposed to be on-leash, so it's up to your discretion. It is definitely worth the drive to give your dog(s) some variety, and yourself a lovely view!